It is undeniable that human beings have gradually become disconnected from the environment in which they live. The development of various technologies and infrastructures has allowed us to expand even in environments that are not very conducive to life. However, a way of life that does not take natural components and climatic hazards into account is obviously unreasonable.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
Every environment has its climatic and natural hazards. Although these are difficult elements to control, other strategies exist to adapt to them. One way to do this is to prevent them from becoming disasters for the communities they affect: the very concept of disaster, in this context, results from our lack of adaptation and preparedness for these inevitable events.
In this context, two strategies are required:
- Monitor, understand and prevent hazards so as not to be surprised. This is what many governmental and international organisations are already doing.
- Adapt our way of life and our infrastructures in order to live in harmony with this environment. Still marginal, this way of rethinking construction and human development is spreading.
Thus, it is about using all the techniques available to us in architecture and civil engineering in order to build communities adapted to the environment in which they live. This requires an in-depth change in our economic and societal system: these natural hazards will no longer generate disasters but will be expected and receive an effective and adapted response.
For more than thirty years, the United Nations has been promoting efforts to change the disaster paradigm, refocusing on upstream risk reduction as an effective way to combat so-called natural disasters. It is therefore more necessary than ever to think about technologies and develop initiatives that will enable this ambitious goal to become a reality.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question