In many countries, international languages are chosen as languages of instruction. These are not simply language courses, as all core subjects are taught in this way. However, teaching in a language other than the child’s mother tongue means that the knowledge is outside the child’s experience and has no concrete anchorage in the child’s world of meaning.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
We could teach from elementary school to university in the student’s mother tongue: from a neurological and anthropological point of view, this would unlock possible knowledge acquisition and conceptual discoveries. Indeed, from a neurological and anthropological point of view:
- Some concepts are not translatable in all languages and do not have the same meaning or implications according to the cultural framework ;
- The mother appears as a referent of security and confidence for many animal species. This would therefore imply that the knowledge acquired at school and the concepts discovered would be incorporated into a framework close to the child’s universe of meaning ;
- Generally speaking, the fact that all intellectual work is carried out in the child’s language will enable him/her to better appropriate his/her learning and subsequently to identify the possible consequences, giving rise to a much greater potential for discovery than before.
Thus, although French and English could be taught as international languages of science Science La science est désormais l’affaire de tous. Découvrez la science d’une manière ludique et active. Nous vous proposons d’en découvrir plus sur nos expéditions à la voile, découverte du plancton. , they should not be the default learning languages for the rest of the scientific concepts and subjects. There is a real intellectual benefit for the child in learning new concepts in the language in which he or she grew up and in which he or she evolves on a daily basis. In Kenya it would be a question of teaching in Swahili rather than English, in Senegal in Walof rather than French... These are languages spoken by a large number of people that cannot be considered as mere dialects. Giving them back their importance is a political choice.
In this vein, we are looking for proposals on ways to teach in mother tongue throughout the world in order to unblock a massive expansion of the set of possibilities.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question