Nowadays, cities are home to a large part of the world’s population and are therefore constantly expanding. The challenge for the coming years is to think about alternatives so that they are sustainable and eco-responsible, and so that their development is not done at the cost of the environment and its inhabitants. Thus, thinking about a modern but responsible city is essential to respond to the current challenge of climate change and to become part of a sustainable and desirable development practice.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
As housing construction and urban infrastructures increases, new challenges are emerging to compensate for the negative consequences it brings. Indeed, urban densification is at the root og many negative externalities:
- Formation of urban heat clusters;
- Degradation of air quality, both by micropollutants but also by insufficient oxygenation;
- Deterioration of the mental and physical health of the inhabitants, due to the lack of green spaces;
- Accelerated deterioration of buildings that are heavily exposed to the sun or to various types of extreme weather;
The greening of facades, roofs, and public spaces such as esplanades or parking spaces is an effective response to these many challenges. Although these initiatives are still not widespread enough, they have proven to be effective at various levels:
- Green spaces on roofs and facades provide shade and evatranspiration, which helps to keep cool in winter, and limit heat loss in winter;
- They also improve air quality by trapping micropollutants and various dusts in their foliage, which are eventually evacuated by rainwater;
- A whole series of social benefits also result in : improved psychological and physical well-being of the inhabitants, a reduction in water management costs for cities, an increase in the market value of real estate, and an overall improved living environment;
- And many more!
Cities are a fertile breeding ground for innovation in ecological transition and the improvement of human living conditions. It is more important than ever to continue to develop initiatives that promote the regreening of the various spaces that make up the city, in order to enable a sustainable and desirable expansion of urban spaces.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :
Ask a question