Home > Full program > Biodiversity loss and pandemic emergence
For several hundred years now, humanity has been hit hard by pandemics that have been more or less deadly. At their origins, we very regularly find virus vectors such as insects, bats, rodents, primates... The spread of zoonoses is at the heart of the problems. Who hasn’t heard of the Pangolin that would be responsible for the Covid-19 global pandemic?
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
In spite of the involvement of biodiversity in the emergence of pandemics, human activities remain above all the main causes, deforestation is a very good example. Indeed, human activities undeniably lead to an increasingly close contact with wildlife.
The stakes are high, how can we preserve a biodiversity that has been neglected by man and is the cause of such disasters? The objective is clear: to propose solutions to halt the loss of biodiversity while avoiding the emergence of a pandemic.
These solutions can be :
- Protecting the existence of current virus vectors (mosquitoes, bats, etc.) to prevent these viruses from changing vector
- Limit areas where wildlife and humans can live together
- Raise awareness on certain human practices
In this dynamic, we are looking for people with proposals that respond to this problem in order to implement effective actions
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question