Low tech is by nature opposed to high tech. It is about the use and creation of new technologies with the awareness that a solution is not considered serious unless the system is complicated and expensive and therefore an effective solution can be perfectly adapted by being simple and inexpensive.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
- Nature is to be preserved as a matter of urgency, it is not only a source of income.
- A sustainable economy is to be created thanks to a reasoned exploitation of natural resources which are strongly limited.
- Well-being at work is essential. New technologies must no longer be based on the exploitation of certain populations.
This new mode of consumption and production involves the individual at the heart of his or her individual problems by inviting him or her to invent, create and use their own technological solutions or those of a local, solidarity-based economy. Citizens can thus meet their needs with technologies that have less impact on the environment and are as inexpensive as possible, while still benefiting from the same service. Low-tech devices are easily repairable and the principle of obsolescence is itself obsolete.
Low tech is now found in the most diverse fields and their number is infinite:
- Use of alternative household appliances in everyday life
- Inventions of new devices in the medical field
- Enhancement of soft travel modes
- Encouraging agricultural systems with low ecological impact such as permaculture.
- Creation of ecological materials in the architectural field
In a world where ecology is becoming more and more important, low tech appears as an urgent solution where every idea has its place and only needs to be developed.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question