The challenges we face today do not allow authorities and organizations to miss the evolution of the way of educating. Education must be more effective, less formalized and above all closer to the objectives of sustainable development. The most adequate way to achieve this is to use the different known pedagogical methods.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
Several pedagogical methods have emerged in recent decades and public ministries have learned to identify relevant measures. Replacing the current way of teaching with only one of these methods would be to reproduce the mistakes of the past. That is why a library should be made available to teachers so that they have access to all these different methods in order to apply each one at the right time and for the right reason. Today’s formal education must also be present in this manual: we must not abandon what is being done today.
Among these alternative methods we find:
- Montessori pedagogy is based on the child’s sensory abilities from birth and groups them into age groups corresponding to periods of time that are conducive to the learning of certain areas by making them autonomous.
- The humanist currents influence the new education which encourages the pupil to be active in his own training: he can give free choice to his activities and develop his personal experience.
- John Holt’s Autonomous Learning states that parents can provide the necessary assistance for basic learning: school is not the only method.
- The "unschooling" movement which is the fact that parents drop out of school because the school is seen as inadequate.
- Project pedagogy that allows for the generation of learning through the realization of concrete and autonomous experiences.
All teachers will need to be informed, trained and provided with adequate materials. The cost of materials is no guarantee of quality and efficiency. A veneer of knowledge with expensive materials will not make learning more effective.
Although these methods are recognized, they are not implemented in a concrete way by governments. So is teaching in the mother tongue of the child’s mother, which would make learning more effective and concrete. But for all this, governments must let go and trust the people and teachers because there will be local reempowerment.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
|1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences|
|2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation, stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"|
|3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.|
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
|Job Creation||Paradigm Changing||Emerging Economy|
|Innovative Solutions||Collective Intelligence||Create a Start-Up|
Ask a question