We would like to propose an untypical – but more and more popular even outside architecture and design worlds – PowerPoint presentation format for the academic conferences of the GENEVA FORUM.
Thus, we would like to encourage interactive paper sessions, like engaging chit chat to encourage dialogue and response.
Academic Presentation (Un)Standards
Pecha Kucha: 20 illustrated slides X 20 seconds
Fast Pecha Kucha: 15 illustrated slides X 20 seconds
The subgroups of work are following the pitch of your presentation. This format, already experimented during the former sessions past years, was greatly appreciated. You can share more time on your theme than during a classical presentation, and you can easier cross the point of view.
Pecha Kucha presentations forces concision in speaking AND listening by avoiding text-heavy slides – but demands less preparation work than a TEDx speech! We then invite you to share only certain ideas and thoughts on your topic, to get to spark for listeners.
- Send your final extended abstract ASAP, and always before the deadline - we will not be able to accept updated version after the passed deadline
- Read all the abstracts of your session – as a presenter or a listener!
- Carefully choose and show 20 images – as a storyline, each for 20 seconds
- Automatize the advancement of slides, so that neither you nor our team has to pass the slides
- Use an fully automatic version of power point
- Don’t use too much text and avoid bullet points